Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Up In The Sky

So I have a real penchant for high places. I like looking up at the sky and looking at the stars or the clouds or the random bird and I really like being in the sky, whether I'm strapped to a parachute, in a pseudo hot-air balloon or sitting down on a high roof or platform and dangling my feet off the edge. Maybe it's the breeze and the cool air, or maybe it's the quiet, but there's just so many things about high places that allow you to be at one with yourself and really rejuvenate your senses.

My most recent trip to Bali, I decided to snap loads of pictures while looking up. And I was amazed to discover a great many beautiful things and patterns that I had previously not noticed. The leaves on the trees, the form of the clouds and of course the intricate tiles and paintings that spread across the ceilings of temples and buildings. It was a pretty good and personal encounter sans the dull neck ache that accompanied the experience, but overall, a wonderful feast for my eyes! :)

My dad bought a new 3D kite while we were there and I can't wait to go fly it! Maybe I shall do that on my birthday weekend! :) And if the kite doesn't fly, I shall buy myself 2 balloons! One to let go and one to keep. Call me weird, but I always feel like I need two of something! So that I can keep one in pristine condition, and use the other. Especially my stationery like my notebooks and special erasers and pencils and my Hello Kitty parity products! :) All for keepsake's sake.

Anyway, it's such a horror uploading the photos into iPhoto! There's just so many! But I can't wait to put them up and actually do a photo travelog. I don't picture up my posts, and maybe I should start before my blog gets boring! But first, it's time to head to bed. Thanks slide, for keeping me company for a little bit today and allowing me to seek solace. It's comforting to know that after all this time, you're still there for the same ole' same ole' quiet time together... you, me and the pretty sky :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I love enjoying the sky and looking up too. And I kind of wished we were born with very flexible necks so it wouldn't hurt to look up because it shouldn't hurt to enjoy the sky :)

    And the weather sucks for not being kite flying conducive. I WANNA FLY KITES AND HAVE A PICNIC SO I CAN LIE ON THE MAT AND LOOK AT THE SKY FOREVER :(

    ReplyDelete